Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Guacamole en Molcajete



















 
 
 
 
 
 
 
For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them. Ps.139:13-16




You will never use another recipe because this one is great.
It is chunky and so very good.





1 large Haas avocado
3 tablespoon chopped onion
1 teaspoon chopped, seeded jalapeno chili
1/4 c chopped cilantro
1/2 t salt
1/2 t toasted cumin
2 tablespoon chopped tomato (discard juice and seeds)


Instructions

Combine 1 tablespoon of the chopped onions, ½ teaspoon of the chopped jalapeno and ½ teaspoon of the cilantro with ½ teaspoon of salt in the molcajete (a lava stone bowl used for grinding and mixing). I have one from Martha Stewart that is not lava stone and it does great.
With the back of a wooden spoon (the salt and the stone help in grinding), mash these ingredients into a paste. This releases the juices within.
Split the avocado in half, then remove the seed. Slice the avocado lengthwise in about 1/8-1/4 inch strips, and then across, forming a grid.
Scoop the avocado out of the skin with a spoon (never mash or scrape it).
Add the avocado to the paste in the molcajete and fold to combine thoroughly. Add the other ingredients, folding gently, taking care not to mash the guacamole.
Add jalapenos and salt to taste.
Serve with corn tortillas and chips.
You can double this recipe but be careful not to get it too salty.

No comments:

Post a Comment