Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Sweet Tea Skillet Chicken Thighs

































1 Praise the LORD! Praise the LORD, O my soul! 
2 I will praise the LORD as long as I live; I will sing praises to my God while I have my being.  - Psalm 146:1-2


6-8 bone in skin on thighs

Sweet tea brine
1 c Sweet Tea
1/8 c Sugar 
1/8 sea Salt
1/4 c lemonade

Mix. 
Trim some of the excess skin.
Leave enough fat to cover dark meat.
Put in Gallon ziplock, pressing out air, add 3-4 Thighs.
Set in bowl and repeat.
Marinate at least overnight.

Set oven to 450 degrees, add 2 cast iron skillets and heat till temp is reached.
Add 2 T butter to hot skillet, place seasoned thighs skin side down in hot buttered skillet.
Cook 15 and flip cook another 15 minutes until temp is at least 165 degrees.


Mardi Gras seasoning 

No comments:

Post a Comment