Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Friday, November 25, 2016

EJ's Beef Tenderloin






4 Then I called on the name of the LORD: "O LORD, I pray, deliver my soul!" 
5 Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; our God is merciful.  - Psalm 116:4-5







First you must get a good cut of beef. I recommend Costco and get the one that's trimmed and ready to cook. It's pricey but worth every dime!!!

1 trimmed beef tenderloin 
Kosher salt
Coarse Cracked Black Pepper, I love Malabar from Costco

Herb butter
1 stick butter, softened 
1 T snipped Fresh chives
1 t Fresh Greek oregano
1 t Fresh Rosemary
1 t Roasted garlic, mashed
1 t Fresh Lemon Thyme
Add to butter and stir.



Place unopened tenderloin on counter 3 1/2 hours before cooking.
This allows meat temp to become even to allow for even cooking.
After 2 hours, open, rinse, place on a cutting board lined with parchment.
Using cotton kitchen twine, tie meat every 3 inches tucking under the end that's thin.
Being careful not to tie so tight that it digs into the meat.
Liberally salt and let sit 45 minutes.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Using a drizzle of olive oil, in a skillet, sear beef.
Let rest 15 minutes to allow for cooling.
Now cover the beef with the herb butter.
Sprinkle with coarse pepper.
Place on a rack so that the heat will be distributed evenly around all sides.
Cook until internal temp is 140 degrees.
Do not go over 140, it's a perfect!!!
Remove from oven, loosely foil and rest, in the rack for 15 minutes.
Remove to cutting board.
Snip strings and remove.
Be prepared for comments like "this is better than a restaurant", and "can I have the recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment