Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Peanut Butter Pie


For the crust:
Take 24 Nutter Butter cookies and place them in a freezer bag. Hit the freezer bag with a rolling pin (or whatever) to make the cookies into crumbles. I wanted the crust to still be recognizable as Nutter Butters - so we left a number of good-size pieces. Pour the crumbled NB's into a good-size bowl and add 5-6 tbsp of melted butter. Mix well. Place this mixture into either a pie dish or other suitable-size dish. I had a pyrex square dish that worked great. Once filled and even on the bottom, place in the refrigerator.
For the filling:
Cream together one 8-oz package cream cheese, one cup of peanut butter, 3/4 cup of sugar. The original recipe called for a splash of vanilla, but I didn't think that was necessary. Once that's all incorporated, stir in 8-oz Cool Whip.
Finish:
Take the crust back out of the refrigerator, and spoon the filling over. Level it out on top. Cover with Saran and place in the freezer for a few hours or overnight.
Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment