Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Mertie's Steak

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I love to cook!! I have been at it since I was 12 years old. My grandmother, Mertie, was the best cook I have ever known. She was so gracious to me when I was young and wanted to learn how to cook. The first thing she taught me to cook was a steak and french fries. I was visiting and told her I would love to have one of her steaks. She said "Why don't you try cooking it"? I said, "I am only eleven years old and haven't a clue on how to cook". She was eager to help me so, off we went on this adventure called cooking. I will give you this simple recipe to share with some young person who wants to learn to cook.

1Rib Eye Steak with or without bone
Seasoned Meat Tenderizer (portion 1/2 teaspoon on each side)
a few shakes of Worcestershire Sauce

Pierce steak with a fork, add tenderizer to both sides and sauce. Cook under broiler for 10 minutes on each side for medium or 15 minutes for well done. Yummy and easy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment