Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Thursday, May 27, 2010

Jalapeno, Avocado and Bacon Burger

I made this yummy recipe that I saw in Rachael Ray's
magazine. It was a recipe from a Houston Texas
eatery, RDG bar Annie's restaurant.
                                                                                              

6 jalapeno peppers
6  slices bacon
3 lbs ground beef
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 c crumbled queso fresco cheese
1/2 c mayo
1/4 c buttermilk
2 t olive oil
2 avocados
1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
1/2 onion
6 hamburger buns

Cook jalapenos on grill or in cast iron skillet until charred.
Chop peppers.
Cook bacon in microwave until crisp. Chop and reserve grease(if you used real bacon). 
I used turkey bacon.
Combine beef, reserved bacon grease and 1/2 jalapenos to make 6 burgers.
Cook burgers on grill or in oven under broiler.

Cilantro Mayo
Take rest of jalapenos, bacon, mayo, buttermilk, onions, cheese, and cilantro and make a mayo. Slice avocados thin. Cover burger with cilantro mayo and sliced avocados. Delicious!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment