Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Saturday, September 12, 2020

Asian Hot and Sour Soup






































For the LORD is our judge; the LORD is our lawgiver; the LORD is our king; he will save us.  - Isaiah 33:22




1/2 c sliced button mushrooms 

1 c firm tofu cut into squares

1/2 c pork ( I used a pounded thin Breakfast pork chop cut into strips)

4 c chicken stock made with chicken base and water

3 t beef base seasoning 

1 T Sugar, taste because it's a delicate balance to get the ration of vinegar to sugar, I ended up adding a tsp at a time until it was my preference 

1 T toasted sesame oil

1 t white pepper

Pinch of pepper flakes

1 c white vinegar

1/4 c Chinese vinegar

1 T soy sauce

1 T cornstarch 

2 T water

1/4 c diced green onions

1 egg whisked in



Add stock to pot and bring up to a boil.

Add all other ingredients except green onions and egg.

Adjust heat to simmer.

Whisk in beaten egg then add diced green onions.

Serve with crisped wontons strips.

I cut mine into strips and fry in fry daddy. 

Lightly salt.



No comments:

Post a Comment