Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Sunday, May 14, 2017

E J 'S Real Easy Scratch Spaghetti and Meatballs


















1 You then, my child, be strengthened by the grace that is in Christ Jesus,
2 and what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. - 2 Timothy 2:1-2




The simplicity of this dish is what makes it so yummy!!!


1 can Nina San Marzano Italian tomatoes ( from Costco) 28 oz.
1/2 c water
6 cloves garlic ( I use roasted) mash it with a fork
1/8 c olive oil
Fresh herb mix, of each (oregano, lemon thyme, sweet basil, cilantro, Rosemary) 1/8 c total
1 T Sugar
1/4 c Red wine( I used Cabernet Sauvignon)
1/2 c  shaved blend, Toscano, unexpected Cheddar, and Parmesan( found at Trader Joe's) 
1/2 t Red pepper flakes
Pepper, a few turns
1 T Fine Kosher salt

Add tomatoes to a bowl.
Squish tomatoes with hands.
I use disposable gloves.
Add 1/2 c water.
Heat oil in pan and add Garlic.
Cook one minute.
Then add tomatoes and water.
Add all seasonings, herbs, sugar, wine and cheese.
Simmer for 15 minutes.
Serve over cooked pasta.

Meat Balls

1 lb. 80/20 lean ground beef( I used Sprouts)
1/8 c panko bread crumbs
1/8 c fresh cilantro, Rosemary, oregano, sweet basil, make a herb mix, diced 
1 diced shallot
1/8 c whole buttermilk
2 T double concentrated tomato paste( I used Cento)
1/4 c shaved blend, Toscano, unexpected Cheddar, and Parmesan( found at Trader Joe's) 
1/4 c mascarpone cheese( I use Trader Joe's) 
1/4 t salt
A few turns of cracked black pepper

Make balls about the size of a golf ball.
Add oil to skillet and brown slowly. 
Flip to insure even browning, covering to help steam.
Add to sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment