Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Thursday, February 2, 2017

Instant Pot 60 Minute Mexican Pork







9 Then the LORD put out his hand and touched my mouth. And the LORD said to me, "Behold, I have put my words in your mouth. 
10 See, I have set you this day over nations and over kingdoms, to pluck up and to break down, to destroy and to overthrow, to build and to plant."  - Jeremiah 1:9-10







3 1/2 lb. Pork Shoulder Roast, fat trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch chunks
1 t clarified butter
1 Onion, sliced 
2 T roasted mashed Garlic
4 T fresh Cilantro, chopped
1/8 c Olive oil
4 T c 2016 Rub, this blog under rub tab
1 T Mesquite liquid smoke
2 T Worcestershire sauce
Kosher Coarse Salt, to taste
Cracked black Malabar Pepper, to taste
1 t Toasted cumin
1/2 c orange juice

Place pork in bowl.
Toss pork in oil.
Season with salt and pepper.
Throw on rub and toasted cumin.
Let sit 30 minutes

Heat instant pot on sauté setting, add 1 t clarified butter and toss in garlic, fresh cilantro and onions.
When onions are soft toss in pork and add liquid smoke and Worcestershire sauce.
 Cook 10 minutes until pork is browned.
Add orange juice.
Change instant pot setting to meat, place lid on and lock, set clock for sixty minutes and turn to pressure setting.
After 60 minutes, let pressure off and remove top.
Drain most of the juice off and shred pork.
Serve meat topped with slaw on slider buns. 
I used my sweet slaw recipe under the slaw/salad tab on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment