Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Empress Chicken

I love Chinese food!! This looks really good!



1 1/2 cups chicken broth                                               
3/4 cup sugar
1/4-1/2 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup white vinegar
3-4 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger, chopped
3 lbs chicken breasts, cubed
1/4 cup dark soy sauce (tamari)
1 large egg, beaten
1/2 cup cornstarch
2 cups green onions, minced (one bunch)
8 small hot peppers, diced (I used jalapenos)

Directions

Combine first 7 ingredients in a jar and shake vigorously. Store in fridge until ready.
Mix chicken with 1/4 cup dark soy sauce. Stir in egg.
Add cornstarch and mix chicken until coated.
Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown.
Drain on paper towels.
Place a small amount of oil in wok and heat to very hot.
Add onions and peppers and stir fry 30 seconds.
Stir in sauce mixture (shake again first).
Cook until thick. If it gets too thick, add some water until desired consistency.
Add chicken and cook until hot and bubbly.
Serve over hot rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment