Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Saturday, December 3, 2022

Sour Cream Sauce Chicken Chili Verde



























 

 

 

Job 23:14-16


    [14] For he will complete what he appoints for me,

        and many such things are in his mind. 

    [15] Therefore I am terrified at his presence;

        when I consider, I am in dread of him. 

    [16] God has made my heart faint;

        the Almighty has terrified me;




An ej original recipe!



1 qt Chicken Bone Broth

2 c Rotisserie chicken, shredded

1 T cornmeal

1 can of white great northern beans

Sour cream sauce



Add the following ingredients to a large pot.

Let spices bloom and onions get tender.

1 t Olive oil

1 sliced small Onion

1 small seeded diced JalapeƱo 

1 t roasted Garlic 

1/2 t each salt and pepper

1 T sugar

1 T toasted cumin

Pinch of red pepper flakes


Add stock to veggies.

Add sour cream sauce.

Whisk in 1 T corn meal.

Add chicken and drained beans.

Simmer 20 minutes.

Serve with warmed tostada chips.


Toppings 

Shredded Cheddar cheese

Shredded Quesadilla cheese

Crumbled Queso Fresco 

Chopped tomatoes 

Chopped onions

Lime juice

Avocado creama 


Avocado creama recipe

1 avocado, mashed with fork 

1 T mayo

1 T sour cream

1/2 t toasted cumin powder

Pinch of sugar 

A squeeze of 1/2 of a lime


Sour cream sauce

1 T each of butter and flour

Heat in small sauce pan for 1 minute, continually stirring. 

Set aside to cool 5 minutes.

1-1/2 c chicken stock

Pinch of salt

Pinch of pepper

1/2 t toasted cumin

1/2 t sugar

Whisk these together and then whisk into butter/flour mixture.

Cool 5 minutes.

1 c full fat sour cream

1/8 c each of Herdez salsa verde and Herdez guacamole salsa 

Whisk into cooled chicken stock mixture.

Set aside.

This is good on enchiladas, in soup or on Nachos!!


No comments:

Post a Comment