Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Thursday, September 1, 2022

Potato Leek Mushroom Casserole

































Isaiah 42:8


    [8] I am the LORD; that is my name;

        my glory I give to no other,

        nor my praise to carved idols.



13x9 pan

400 degree preheated oven for 35-40 minutes.


5 medium Yukon Gold, microwave 2 minutes each side, cool and slice thin

Set aside.


2 Leeks, cleaned and sliced

1 T Roasted Garlic 

1-1/2 c chopped button mushrooms 

1 t Clarified butter

Cook mushrooms in dry skillet just a couple of minutes.

Add rest of ingredients.

Cook 2 minutes.

Start sauce by adding wine, cook 2-3 minutes, add stock, cook 3 minutes.

Add half and half, cook 2 minutes.

Add seasonings and cheese.

Add slurry.

Set aside when thickened.

Ladle a little sauce in bottom of pan.

Add some potato slices and 1/3 of the mozzarella. Repeat for 3 layers, top with remaining mozzarella.

Bake uncovered.


Cream Sauce

1/4 c Sauvignon Blanc

1 c half and half

1-1/2 c chicken stock

1/2 c Havarti cheese chunks

1 t thyme

1/2 t black pepper 


Slurry of water and cornstarch to thicken


2 c Mozzarella ( to go between each layer and on top

No comments:

Post a Comment