Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Thursday, February 3, 2022

Pressure Canned Sirloin Roast and Gravy Base



































 

 

 

Psalm 26:2-3


    [2] Prove me, O LORD, and try me;

        test my heart and my mind. 

    [3] For your steadfast love is before my eyes,

        and I walk in your faithfulness.



Recipe dapted from RoseRed Homestead!

Thanks Dr. Pam!



2 & 3/4 lbs sirloin roast cut into chunks and season with ample salt and pepper

2 T grape seed oil

1 lb sliced mushrooms

1 large onion, sliced thin

2-3 cloves roasted garlic, mashed

2-3 t tomato paste concentrate 

1/4 t dried thyme

1 T Worcestershire sauce

1 T chopped fresh cilantro 

2-3 t red wine vinegar

Beef broth heated to a boil and held on warm.


Add seasoned beef chunks to a foil lined sheet pan and cook on 400 for 10 minutes.

Flip and cook an additional 10 minutes.

Meat should be 75 % done with just some slight pink color.

Remove to bowl.

Add drippings to your broth.

Add oil to hot cast iron skillet.  

When oil starts to smoke, add onions and mushrooms.

Cook until tender.

Add remaining ingredients except for broth and mix together.  

Stir until combined.

Distribute beef chunks evenly among 9 wide mouth pint canning jars.  

Divide veggies into equal portions and add one portion per jar.  

Fill jars with hot broth leaving one inch of head space.  

De-bubble, wipe rims, place lids and rings.  

Pressure can pints for 75 minutes using the appropriate pressure recommended for your elevation.  

To serve, pour broth from jar into a sauce pan, add flour to thicken and stir over heat until thick and smooth.  

Add beef and veggies from jar to the gravy and heat through.  

Serve over mashed potatoes, rice, or hot cooked noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment