Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Friday, February 11, 2022

Lebanese Rice with Vermicelli Served with Beef Shawarma


































Psalm 32:5


    [5] I acknowledged my sin to you,

        and I did not cover my iniquity;

    I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the LORD,”

        and you forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah



 

Basmati rice( I used cooked cause I keep it in freezer)

1/2 c Tiny stick vermicelli (in the mexi aisle at Walmart) toasted in 1 T clarified butter 

1 c diced Onions

1 T roasted garlic

1 t Kariff, dried (I buy leaves and coarse blend in coffee grinder)

1/2 t Aleppo pepper

1/2 t dried Oregano

1 t clarified butter

1 c chicken stock

1/4 c fresh chopped cilantro 


Toast vermicelli in butter.

Remove to plate.

Add onions and butter to skillet and cook until tender.

Add seasonings and garlic to onions, add rice and stock.

Stir well, add toasted vermicelli. 

Cook until stock evaporates.

Add cilantro.


Serve with sheet pan Beef Tenderloin Shawarma using this recipe but exchange the chicken for beef.



https://aintnocookinglikemommas.blogspot.com/2022/02/sheet-pan-chicken-shawarma.html

No comments:

Post a Comment