Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Piccalilli (Green Tomato Relish)



































Psalm 150:6


    [6] Let everything that has breath praise the LORD!

    Praise the LORD!


 

 

10 medium green tomatoes 

Core and chopped 

1 medium head of cabbage 

3/4 c red and yellow bell peppers

1 Jalapeño 

1/2 c onion

1/2 c kosher salt 


I chopped all mine in food processor.

Salted it and let it sit in fridge for 4 hours.

Drain water off, then rinse and drain.

I used a wire mesh colander.

Prepare syrup.


Syrup

3/4 c brown sugar

1 t mustard seed

1/2 t celery seed

1/2 t prepared horseradish 

1/3 of a quart of water with 1/4 c plus 1/8 c white vinegar


Place ingredients in pot.

Cook at a rolling simmer for 15 minutes.

Add drained veggies.

Simmer at a rolling 10 minutes.

Fill hot jars. 

3 Pints with a 2 inch head space.


Process 10 lbs for 10 minutes.

Follow canner instructions.

I added a jar of water to insure safe amount of jars for canning.

Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment