Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Slightly Sweet Irish Raisin Scones




























7 everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made." 
8 Bring out the people who are blind, yet have eyes, who are deaf, yet have ears! 
9 All the nations gather together, and the peoples assemble. Who among them can declare this, and show us the former things? Let them bring their witnesses to prove them right, and let them hear and say, It is true. 
10 "You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, "and my servant whom I have chosen, that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor shall there be any after me. 
11 I, I am the LORD, and besides me there is no savior. 
12 I declared and saved and proclaimed, when there was no strange god among you; and you are my witnesses," declares the LORD, "and I am God. 
13 Also henceforth I am he; there is none who can deliver from my hand; I work, and who can turn it back?"  - Isaiah 43:7-13


2 1/3 c self rising flour, I used a equal mixture each of whole wheat and white
3 oz frozen Irish butter, will be grated into flour
1-1/2 level t baking powder 
1/4 sugar
1/4 c raisins (optional)
1/2 c + 1/8 c cold while milk reserve 1/2 t of milk/egg mixture
1 egg, beaten 

Add flour to a large bowl.
Then whisk in baking soda and sugar.
Next grate butter into flour mixture.
Using hands, just until incorporated, lightly work butter into flour so it resembles a lumpy cornmeal.
Add raisins.
Beat egg into cold milk.
Add 3/4 of milk to flour mixture, using hands to form a dough ball. 
I used all the milk mixture because I had flour that was dry and wouldn't work into the dough.
Turn out onto a lightly floured cutting board.
Pat down into a round that's about 1-1/2 high.
Cut with 3 inch biscuit cutter.
Baste with a little melted butter with a splash of milk and egg.
Serve with fig butter or your favorite jam.
If you are so inclined, you can make clotted cream and serve on top of the jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment