Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Friday, September 20, 2019

Turkey Bacon Jalapeño Meatballs
































10 Yet it was the will of the LORD to crush him; he has put him to grief; when his soul makes an offering for guilt, he shall see his offspring; he shall prolong his days; the will of the LORD shall prosper in his hand. 
11 Out of the anguish of his soul he shall see and be satisfied; by his knowledge shall the righteous one, my servant, make many to be accounted righteous, and he shall bear their iniquities. 
12 Therefore I will divide him a portion with the many, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong, because he poured out his soul to death and was numbered with the transgressors; yet he bore the sin of many, and makes intercession for the transgressors.  - Isaiah 53:10-12


An ej original recipe!

Meatballs 
1 & 1/2 lb Turkey 93 % lean ( I got mine from Aldi)
1/4 c Bacon, uncooked and diced
1 small Shallot, diced
1/4 c diced Onion
1/2 c panko
1 beaten egg
3 T tomato paste concentrate 
1/4 c Italian blend shaved cheese ( I buy this at Sam's)
2 T fresh cilantro
1 t Thyme
1 t Rosemary
1/2 t salt
1/2 t black pepper
1 t dehydrated jalapeño, crushed ( I made this in microwave using the defrost setting, do for 20 minutes being careful not to burn, then blend to a powder in a coffee grinder )

Combine ingredients by hand, rolling into meatballs. 
This mixture should give you 12 meatballs.
Set aside.
These are light and delicious!!

Sauce
Jar of spaghetti sauce ( I use Aldi specialty premium marinara ) 
1 c Cabernet Sauvignon ( I use Trader Joe 2 buck Chuck)
1/2 c water
1/4 c Italian cheese blend.
Olive oil

Brown meatballs in olive oil in a Dutch oven.
Add your sauce ingredients to a Dutch oven.
Cover and bring to a light boil.
Cook 35 minutes until sauce thickens.
Every 10 minutes, flip meatballs.
Serve over fresh pasta or make a sub!!

No comments:

Post a Comment