Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Saturday, February 7, 2015

Easy Pastries





15 For he says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion."
16 So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy.
17 For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, "For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I might show my power in you, and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth."
18 So then he has mercy on whomever he wills, and he hardens whomever he wills.
Romans 9:15-18






1 box Pepperidge Farms frozen puff pastry
8 cannoli stainless steel forms, spray with non stick spray
Beaten egg, for sealing the seam
Pastry brush
Parchment paper
Candy or pastry rolling pin

Thaw pastry on counter or overnight in refrigerator. 
Using a pizza wheel cutter, cut pastry alone the fold lines to get 3 pieces. Then cut each of the 3 pieces into 4 ending up with 12 pieces. Keep the pieces covered with parchment while you work.
Using the roller, roll out the square enough to fit the cylinder, trying not to have too much overlapping. Aim for a 1/4 inch overlap. Then gently scrunch down the pastry dough till it's about a three inch piece. Brush with egg and seal by applying slight pressure. Place seam side down. Bake 400 preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool in freezer for 10 minutes before trying to remove from the cannoli form. Pipe in your favorite filling. I used pistachio pastry cream and shelf stable pastry cream, recipe on this blog under curds, filling frosting tab.

Thanks Natasha for the great idea!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment