Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Thursday, January 28, 2021

Alabama Greek Chicken


































But I have trusted in your steadfast love; my heart shall rejoice in your salvation.  - Psalm 13:5





Whole cut chicken, cut down, place slits in chicken 


 

Marinade 30 minutes to 2 hours


 

2 T Fresh rosemary, 

2 T Fresh thyme

Lemon 3 in strips, chopped 

5 Garlic, rough chop

1/4 c olive oil

1 T kosher Salt

1-1/2 t Dried Oregano 

1/2 t ground coriander 

1/4 t red pepper flakes

1/4 black pepper

Mix, add chicken.

The slits in chicken are to soak up juice.



Bake 425 degrees 30 minutes, close to broiler in skillet, internal temp 165 white meat and 175 dark meat.

Turn oven to broil.

Spoon pan juice over chicken.

Place close to broiler for 3 minutes to brown chicken.

Watch closely.

Remove chicken.

Rest in juices for 10 minutes.

To the pan juice add:

1 T Lemon juice

Stir and cover with pan juices!

Serve with Greek potatoes or Greek rice!




No comments:

Post a Comment