Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Thursday, February 14, 2019

Creamy Teriyaki Shrimp Sushi Roll




































3 Trust in the LORD, and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness. 
4 Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart. 
5 Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him, and he will act.  - Psalm 37:3-5



I'm so excited about how well these turned out.
I've been talking myself into this for months.
I've watched videos, read recipes and prayed for guidance in doing the rolls correctly. 
I have been granted success! 
They were delicious!

Your cut items:
Carrots thin strips
English Cucumbers cut into thin strips
Cream cheese cut into thin strips
Set aside.

Your protein items:
shrimp, marinated in teriyaki sauce and  
sauté in skillet with clarified butter
Slice into thin pieces.
Set aside.

Your rice item:
2 packages Trader Joe's frozen Jasmine rice, cook according to directions
2 t seasoned rice wine vinegar
Black sesame seeds

Nori ( I used Blue Dragon roasted seaweed sheets which I cut in half) 

Pour cooked rice into large bowl, one package at a time adding half of the vinegar.
Toss around with a flat wooden spoon. 
Repeat.
Set aside.

Cover sushi mat with plastic wrap.
Get a bowl of cold water.
Assemble your ingredients. 
Place Nori shiny side down.
Keep hands really wet as you work with rice.
Leave 1/8 inch on one end of Nori sheet.
Sprinkle with black seeds.
Flip over, gently press.
Layer filling in the middle end to end.
Do not overfill.
Roll and squeeze to pack, then roll and squeeze until it's in a roll shape.
Wet really sharp chefs knife and cut evenly in half, in desired size.
Serve with picked ginger, light Soy sauce and wasabi paste.
World market has all these ingredients except the shrimp.
I used frozen extra large shrimp and Teriyaki sauce.
I slightly thawed shrimp before cooking.
Do not overcook.
Next I will cook Asian Salmon and use that as my protein source.
Yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment