Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Scratch Buttermilk Caramel Cake






1 Hear my cry, O God, listen to my prayer; 
2 from the end of the earth I call to you when my heart is faint. Lead me to the rock that is higher than I, 
3 for you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the enemy.  - Psalm 61:1-3







Dry ingredients 
2 c AP Flour 
2 3/4 t Baking powder
1/2 t Salt
Whisk together and set aside.

Wet ingredients 
1 1/2 sticks Butter
2 c Sugar
1 t Vanilla 
4 Eggs
1/2 c Buttermilk
1/2 c Milk

On medium heat, heat the milks and butter together until butter melts.
Stir well and let cool.
Beat the sugar and eggs together with a electric mixer and set aside.
Stir the dry ingredients into the egg mixture.
Add the cooled milk mixture and stir well.
Grease 3 (9 inch) cake pans.
Divide batter equally.
Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 30 minutes.
Cool in pan 5 minutes, then remove to a rack and cool another 5 minutes.

Caramel frosting
2 c light brown sugar
1/2 c butter
7 T Pet milk( evaporated milk)
1 t vanilla

Combine ingredients and lightly boil over medium heat, cook 7 minutes, stirring constantly.
Let cool and frost cake layers.

No comments:

Post a Comment