Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Thursday, March 9, 2017

Instant Pot Turkey Breast







Come and hear, all you who fear God, and I will tell what he has done for my soul.  - Psalm 66:16







1/2 fresh turkey breast ( I got mine at Sprouts, it was a 2 1/2 lb. bone in, it was $9 or so
Brine ( gallon size ziploc  bag, 2 c water, 1/8 c salt and sugar, 1/2 t Garlic granules, 1 t dried basil, 1 t parsley, 1 t dill, 1 t smoked paprika)

Brine turkey breast, in fridge, for at least 2 hrs.
Drain and pat dry.
Grease turkey breast with oil and add your favorite rub.
Sear in skillet in a little oil.
Set instant pot on poultry setting, add 1 1/2 c water and the rack.
Place seared breast on rack and cook under steam for 25 minutes, internal temp has to be 165 degrees.
Let pressure drop and remove breast.
Reserve drippings for gravy.
Set breast on a cutting board and let sit for 15 minutes before carving or pulling.

Gravy
Drippings ( I had almost 2 cups)
1/4 c Flour
1/2 c Half and half 
3/4 c - 1 c Milk

Heat 1/2 c of drippings in a skillet, add flour and whisk until flour has absorbed liquid.
Add the rest of the drippings whisking until it begins to slightly thicken, add milk and half and half. 
Whisk until it's the consistency of gravy.
Salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment