Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Thursday, August 27, 2015

Chicken Marsala Rice Sweet Pea Casserole





9 Then my soul will rejoice in the LORD, exulting in his salvation. 
10 All my bones shall say, "O LORD, who is like you, delivering the poor from him who is too strong for him, the poor and needy from him who robs him?" 
11 Malicious witnesses rise up; they ask me of things that I do not know. 
12 They repay me evil for good; my soul is bereft.  - Psalm 35:9-12




1/2 of a rotisserie chicken, pulled and rough chopped
1 leek, sliced
1/2 onion, sliced
1 small can Pet milk
1/4 white wine
1/2 c water
1/4 c Marsala
1 c cooked sticky rice
2 T parsley
1 pat compound butter, I used my own, basil-smoked paprika
1/2 t olive oil 
1/2 t chicken base seasoning
Smoked salt and cracked pepper to taste
3/4 c frozen English peas
1 c Parmesan Reggiano, reserve 1/2 c for topping

Topping( add in this order)
1/4 c Panko
1/4 c canned onion rings, crushed
1/2 c Parmesan Reggiano 
1/2 c shredded Mozzarella 


Over medium, heat oil, add compound butter, melt and add onions, leeks, rice and frozen peas. Next add the wines, chicken base seasoning, water and Pet milk, cooking for 5 minutes. Next add the 1/2 c Parmesan and the chicken. Cut off heat, add the parsley. Salt and pepper to taste. Add topping. Place in a greased casserole and bake 325 degrees for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment