Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Monday, January 8, 2024

Rotisserie Chicken Bone Broth Soup with Hominy and Poblano Peppers




































Psalm 8:9


    [9] O LORD, our Lord,

        how majestic is your name in all the earth!



 

3 T olive oil

1 lg chopped onion

1/2 of a Roasted Poblano, diced

3 T roasted garlic

1 t toasted cumin

1 t ground coriander 

1/2 t Mexican oregano 

Pinch of red pepper flakes

Coarse Kosher Salt and coarse black pepper, to taste

1 qt chicken bone broth( I make my own which I pressure can or freeze) 

1 qt water

2 c dark meat Rotisserie chicken, shredded 

1 can Hominy golden or white, drained and rinsed


Put the oil in a Dutch oven, add seasonings, onions, peppers and sauté.

Add chicken, sauté 1 minute, add broth and water. 

Simmer 30 minutes.


To serve


For serving 

Tortilla chips, crushed

Squeeze lime

Sour cream 

4 cheddar cheese blend ( I used 3 cheese cheddar and grated seriously cheddar into it, it was ridiculous)

No comments:

Post a Comment