Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Saturday, October 3, 2020

Creamy Refried Beans Made from Pressure Canned Pintos

































3 He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the LORD. 

4 Blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust, who does not turn to the proud, to those who go astray after a lie! 

5 You have multiplied, O LORD my God, your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward us; none can compare with you! I will proclaim and tell of them, yet they are more than can be told. 

6 In sacrifice and offering you have not delighted, but you have given me an open ear. Burnt offering and sin offering you have not required. 

7 Then I said, "Behold, I have come; in the scroll of the book it is written of me: 

8 I delight to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart."  - Psalm 40:3-8



What a time saver!! 

I'm loving the convenience of pressure canned Pinto beans!!



2 T olive oil

1 pint pressure canned dried Pinto beans

1/2 c chopped onion

2 T roasted garlic

1/2 t kosher salt

1/2 t cracked black pepper 

1 t chili powder

1 t toasted cumin

1/2 c cotija cheese 

1/2 c Jack cheese

 

Garnish

Fresh cilantro

cotija cheese


Put oil in skillet along with the onion, garlic and spices.

Spices will bloom as the onions and garlic   cook.

Add beans and fry for 5 minutes, mash with a potato masher.

Add cotija cheese, stir. 

Remove from heat and add jack cheese.

Garnish if desired!

Yummy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment