Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Sunday, October 18, 2020

Swamp Soup (Turnip Green Soup)

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

13 Someone in the crowd said to him, "Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me."

14 But he said to him, "Man, who made me a judge or arbitrator over you?"

15 And he said to them, "Take care, and be on your guard against all covetousness, for one's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions."

16 And he told them a parable, saying, "The land of a rich man produced plentifully,

17 and he thought to himself, 'What shall I do, for I have nowhere to store my crops?'

18 And he said, 'I will do this: I will tear down my barns and build larger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods.

19 And I will say to my soul, "Soul, you have ample goods laid up for many years; relax, eat, drink, be merry."'

20 But God said to him, 'Fool! This night your soul is required of you, and the things you have prepared, whose will they be?'

21 So is the one who lays up treasure for himself and is not rich toward God." - Luke 12:13-21



3 c fresh cooked greens mix, I used kale, turnip greens and mustard greens, seasoned with sugar, pepper sauce and Cajun seasoning, cooked in chicken stock

1- 2 cans drained Northern Beans 

1 sliced Onion

1 can Stewed tomatoes 

3 T roasted mashed garlic

1/8 c sliced Celery

2 c chopped Pan Fried or Oven cooked Smoked sausage

1 c chopped Ham

1/4 t Sriracha 

 

I used the stock I had cooked the greens in.

Just add everything and simmer.

Serve with cornbread.






No comments:

Post a Comment