Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Plum Brioche Charlotte

































1 In my distress I called to the LORD, and he answered me. 
2 Deliver me, O LORD, from lying lips, from a deceitful tongue.  - Psalm 120:1-2


This is a British dessert!
Sweet and tart, perfect with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!!


8 Red Plums, quartered ( mine were sweet and tart )
1 c brown sugar
1/2 t allspice
1 t vanilla 

Cook in skillet for 15 minutes.

5-6 large slices Brioche, reserve 2 for top (got mine at Aldi)
1/2 c Apple cider ( room temp)
1/2 t cornstarch 
Butter to spread on Brioche 
White sugar for sprinkling on top 

Whisk cornstarch into cider.
Lay brioche slices in bottom of deep pie plate, spread with butter.
Pour cornstarch slurry onto cooked plums, stir.
Pour plum mixture over buttered brioche.
Cut brioche into strips.
Add remaining Brioche to top.
Sprinkle liberally with sugar.
Bake preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. 
Cool 10 minutes. 
To serve, add vanilla ice cream to top.



No comments:

Post a Comment