Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Thursday, May 23, 2019

Apple Bourbon Mustard Pork Roast





































8 For you have delivered my soul from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling; 
9 I will walk before the LORD in the land of the living.  - Psalm 116:8-9



An ej original recipe!

This was ridiculous, so good!


1 pork roast, 4-5 lb., tied, fat side up
Smoked Salt 
Pepper

Basting Sauce
2 Apples, grated ( I used Honeycrisp)
1-1/2 c water
Boil and reduce to half.

To the mixture add the following:
3 t grey poupon mustard
2 T Bourbon 
1 T Worcestershire sauce
1 T soy sauce 
1/4 c brown sugar
Reduce until thickened, around 10 minutes.

Remove roast from fridge and bring to room temp for 30 minutes.
Place tied roast on pan fitted with rack.
Salt and pepper.
Roast 1 hour in preheated 375 degree oven.
Roast an additional hour basting with sauce every 15 minutes until roast reaches 155-160 degrees.
Remove to counter.
Remove ties.
Give a last coat of sauce and let rest 15 minutes. 
Slice and serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment