Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Sunday, September 10, 2017

Bacon Minestrone Soup


























15 When he calls to me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him. 
16 With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation."  - Psalm 91:15-16



3 strips bacon, diced
1 stalk celery, sliced
1 onion, chopped
3 large carrots, chopped 1/8 inch half chunks
3 T chicken base seasoning 

Stir fry the above ingredients in a cast iron Dutch oven.
When veggies are soft add the following ingredients.

1 qt. Water
1 ear of corn, shaved
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained 
1 T tarragon
1/2 t rosemary 
1/2 t basil
1/2 t cilantro 
3 bay leaves
1/2 t garlic granules
A few twists of smoked salt
A few turns of Cracked black pepper

Simmer 20 minutes and add 1 c uncooked ziti noodles and simmer an additional 12 minutes. 
Serve with cornbread. 

No comments:

Post a Comment