Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Thursday, October 2, 2014

Hot and Sour Soup

MONDAY, JANUARY 27, 2014 




Gen.17:1-4
1 When Abram was ninety-nine years old the LORD appeared to Abram and said to him, "I am God Almighty; walk before me, and be blameless,
2 that I may make my covenant between me and you, and may multiply you greatly."
3 Then Abram fell on his face. And God said to him,
4 "Behold, my covenant is with you, and you shall be the father of a multitude of nations.






2 T olive oil
4 roasted garlic cloves, mashed
2 T fresh ginger root, peeled and diced
4 scallions, sliced, tops and greens
4 oz ground pork, browned, salted with 1/2 t seasoned salt 
8 c chicken stock
1/2 lb firm tofu cut into strips
6 button mushrooms, wiped clean and sliced
1/4 c sugar
2/3 cup rice vinegar
4 T soy sauce

1 t oyster sauce
1 T broth base seasoning
1 t freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
1 T sesame oil
1 T hot sauce
2 large eggs 

1 t seasoned salt
Sprinkle of red pepper flakes
1/2 lb medium shrimp, tail off, cleaned 


Won ton wrappers deep fried a few seconds, salted and drained on paper towels
In the saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat until hot. Add the garlic, ginger, scallions, and pork and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 1 minute. Add the stock and bring to a simmer. Add the tofu, mushrooms, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, black pepper, sesame oil, and hot sauce and bring to a simmer over medium heat. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs until blended. Slowly whisk in the eggs so they string. Take soup off heat. Let cool and add 1/2 lb shrimp. Garnish with scallions.
As with any recipe, keep tasting stock until it suits your taste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment