Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Smoked Pulled Pork and Gravy

































Psalm 63:1


My Soul Thirsts for You


A Psalm of David, when he was in the wilderness of Judah.


    [1] O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you;

        my soul thirsts for you;

    my flesh faints for you,

        as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.


 

 

My husband and I smoked a pork butt to put in the freezer and to share with family.

I wanted to create a southern style dish from the smoked pulled pork that would go with fresh peas, mixed greens, creamed corn and mashed potatoes.

So I decided on meat and gravy, good old stand by, but I was skeptical about the gravy having a smoked flavor. Well! It was delicious!



An ej original recipe!!


2 c Smoked Pulled Pork 

1 Leek, sliced

1 small Onion, chopped 

1 T olive oil

2 t Roasted garlic, mashed 

Cracked Black pepper, to taste

1 T Beef base seasoning (this is salty so taste ans adjust if necessary)

1-1/2 c water

Cornstarch slurry for thickening 



In a large skillet, add oil, heat to medium.

Add onions, garlic, black pepper and leeks.

Sauté until tender about 3 minutes.

Add beef base, and pork.

Add the water and cook 3 minutes, add slurry, cook until gravy thickens.

Serve on mashed potatoes or sticky rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment