Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Friday, March 4, 2022

Pressure Canned Chicken Normandy


































Psalm 51:1-2


Create in Me a Clean Heart, O God


To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David, when Nathan the prophet went to him, after he had gone in to Bathsheba.


    [1] Have mercy on me, O God,

        according to your steadfast love;

    according to your abundant mercy

        blot out my transgressions. 

    [2] Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity,

        and cleanse me from my sin!



This was delicious!

Apples and apple brandy really gave a rich depth of flavor!

You could use Boneless skinless thighs instead of breast.


8 large Boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 2 inch chunks, season 


Season mix

1 t garlic granules 

1/2 t dried thyme

1/2 t dried rosemary 

Salt and pepper to taste


Season Chicken with season mix.

Olive oil lightly drizzled over chicken 

Bake preheated 400 degree oven 

3/4 way done on foiled lined sheet pan


3 large Gala apples cut into large wedges 

1 Onion sliced thin

1/2 c Apple cider

1/2 c chicken stock

1/8 c Apple Brandy or Bourbon 

1 T Dijon 

Heat this mixture.

All ingredients need to be warm.

Make enough heated chicken stock to cover Apple mixture and chicken in each jar.


9 Pint jars

Process 75 minutes at 10 lb pressure (or according to your altitude)


To serve after Canning, reheat liquid and add splash of cream. To thicken add cornstarch and water, add chicken and slightly shred.

Serve over rice or mashed potatoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment