Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Bone Broth Chicken Tortilla Soup
































Revelation 5:9-10


[9] And they sang a new song, saying, 


    “Worthy are you to take the scroll

        and to open its seals,

    for you were slain, and by your blood you ransomed people for God

        from every tribe and language and people and nation, 

    [10] and you have made them a kingdom and priests to our God,

        and they shall reign on the earth.”





An ej original recipe!!




1 qt chicken bone broth

1 can white beans, Navy or Northern, you could use Hominy, drain

1 T olive oil

1 Onion, chopped

1 T roasted garlic, mashed

1 c niblet Corn, I used some I froze this summer

1/2 t dried roasted cumin 

1/2 t dried rosemary 

1/2 oregano

2 c pulled Rotisserie Chicken 

Salt and pepper to taste 

1 T Sugar

1/3 c Herdez Salsa Verde

1/3 c Herdez Guacamole Salsa


Place oil, onion, garlic, beans, corn, sugar, seasonings and chicken in large pot.

Bring to a simmer and sauté all.

Add broth, and both Herdez products.

Simmer 20 minutes.


Toppings

Lime wedge, juiced in each bowl

Chopped Onion

Sour cream

Sliced or chopped Avocado

Cheese, I used a mixture of Emmental, Gouda and Fontina

Fresh cilantro 

Tortilla chips


No comments:

Post a Comment