Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Saturday, August 14, 2021

Pressure Canned Big Dried White Butter Beans






























2 Timothy 2:11-13


[11] The saying is trustworthy, for: 


    If we have died with him, we will also live with him; 

    [12] if we endure, we will also reign with him;

    if we deny him, he also will deny us; 

    [13] if we are faithless, he remains faithful—


    for he cannot deny himself. 


 

 

Dried large white butter beans covered with water and soaked overnight


Cut up onions and set aside.

Cover beans again with water and bring to boil.  

Drain beans and set aside.

Get pressure canner going according to directions.

Heat chicken base made stock.

Make your preferred seasoning mix.

I use Cajun seasoning and garlic granules.

Add add 1/8 c white vinegar to stock.

Have your jars warm.

I use hottest tap water.

Empty jar.

Place onions and seasoning in jar, then beans. 

Leave 1&1/2 inch headspace.

Process according to jar size.

Process according to your altitude.

Qt 90 minutes

Pint 75 minutes 


I canned 3 lbs of dried Butterbeans and 3 lbs of dried Pinto beans!


No comments:

Post a Comment