Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Saturday, November 21, 2020

Lighthouse Inn Potatoes






























45 Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures,
46 and said to them, "Thus it is written, that the Christ should suffer and on the third day rise from the dead,
47 and that repentance for the forgiveness of sins should be proclaimed in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem.
48 You are witnesses of these things.
49 And behold, I am sending the promise of my Father upon you. But stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high." - Luke 24:45-49

 
Of all the potato casseroles I've made, this is the best!! A perfect holiday treat!! I also have a lighter version! 



2-1/2 lb Yukon Gold potatoes, peel and cut into 1 inch chunks ( I used 8 medium to large potatoes 
2 c heavy Cream
1/2 c water
1/8 t baking soda
4 T butter, reserve 1 T 
2 t salt
1 t cracked black pepper

To a large pot add the above ingredients.
Bring to boil on medium heat, then turn to low and stir constantly.
Do not leave them because they will boil over and stick.
Cook 25 minutes just until fork tender.
You want the potatoes to hold their shape.
Pour all the mixture into a 13x9 foil pan.
Add another 1 T of butter.
Stir to melt.
Add topping.

Topping 
4 T salted butter, melted in small bowl 
1 c grated Parmesan 
1 c panko 

Bake 20 minutes at a preheated oven temp of 375 degrees until topping slightly browns.
These are the bomb!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment