Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Thursday, February 8, 2024

Vanilla Bourbon Raisin Scone


































Psalm 30:2


    [2] O LORD my God, I cried to you for help,

        and you have healed me.



Bake 425 degrees preheated oven, lower middle rack for 20 -25 minutes for pie shapes and 15 minutes for biscuit shape or until lightly browned.


1/4 c vanilla Bourbon 

3/4 c white raisins 

Soak raisins in Bourbon.

Drain raisins.

Reserve Bourbon.


Dry ingredients 

2 c AP flour

1/4 c sugar

1-1/2 t baking powder

1-1/2 t kosher salt

1/4 t baking soda

Whisk together.


6 T cold butter cubed 

1/2 c cold whole buttermilk

1 large egg 


Cut butter into flour with 2 forks until crumbly.

Stir raisins into flour.

Mix egg and buttermilk.

Stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture.

Turn onto floured surface and kneed 5-6 times.

Pat into 1-1/2 inch thick circle.

Cut into pie shapes or biscuit shapes.

Bake, cool on wire rack.

Make confectioners sugar drizzle.

1-1/2 c confectioners sugar

1 T reserved Bourbon 

Drizzle over scones!


No comments:

Post a Comment