Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Monday, January 6, 2020

Spicy Thai Chicken and Shrimp Noodle Soup


























11 Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content.
12 I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need.
13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me. - Philippians 4:11-13



An ej original recipe!!!


Spices and oils

1 t five spice powder
1 t Kaffir powder ( my daughter gave me dried ones and I put them in the grinder and made powder) or 1 t lemon zest
2 T roasted garlic
1 t Cilantro 
Pinch of red pepper flakes
1 t anchovy paste 
1 t olive oil
2 t chicken base seasoning 
1/2 t chili oil
2 t sweet chili Thai sauce
1 t toasted sesame oil
2 t palm sugar 
1 T mushroom soy sauce

Veggies

1/4 c leeks
1/4 c Cabbage 
1/4 c mushrooms 
1/4 c carrots
2 T red bell pepper
6 broccoli florets, add at the end


Meats

2 chicken tenderloins or more, sliced thin on diagonal 
6 Shrimp, add at the end

Your desired amount of Pasta, I used angel hair but rice noodles would be great

1 qt water or more ( if it's too spicy for you add a cup or 2 of water

I added my olive oil to pot, heated, then added leeks, bell peppers, mushrooms, cabbage, and carrots. Sauté 1 minute on med heat. To this I added all the list of spices, Thai sauce, soy, chili oil, the chicken and the water. Cook 15 minutes then add pasta. At this point get a teaspoon of broth, smell it first, then cool and taste. You can adjust the palm sugar by a half teaspoon if it's too spicy. Cook 5 minutes on low then add shrimp and broccoli. Cut off heat and stir around so shrimp will cook. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment