Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Sunday, January 6, 2019

Mexican Pezole Rojo


































30 Now Jesus did many other signs in the presence of the disciples, which are not written in this book;
31 but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name. - John 20:30-31



2 c left over Mexican pulled pork( recipe on this blog under Mexican tab)
4 qt water
1 can hominy, drained ( you can add 2 cans)
1 can beans, black or pinto, drained
1 Leek, chopped
2 T roasted garlic
1 bay leaf
1/2 t Cilantro 
1/4 salsa verde, I love Herdez brand
1/4 t oregano 
2 T chili powder 
1 -1/2 T toasted cumin powder
2 T chicken base seasoning
1/2 t smoked pasilla chili powder, I made my own from the dried peppers I got at the Mexican market
1 t sugar

Put all ingredients in 5 qt pan and bring to a boil.
Simmer 45 minutes.

This is a bold flavored soup, having a robust chili taste.
To serve add, avocado slices, sliced radishes, sour cream, sliced cabbage, fresh Cilantro, lime wedges, crumbled tostado chips and chopped onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment