Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Thursday, January 10, 2019

Brisket Conecuh Sausage and Chicken Gumbo


































In the pride of his face the wicked does not seek him; all his thoughts are, "There is no God."  - Psalm 10:4


There is nothing better on a cold day!!


2 c Beef brisket, I keep some of this in the freezer
2 c rotisserie chicken, I used breast
2 c hickory smoked Conecuh sausage, chopped, I cook on grill and keep in freeze
2 c okra, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 Leek, chopped
4 qt water
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
1 smoked pepper in adobo, mashed
1 can stewed tomatoes
1/2 c BBQ sauce I used my own recipe
1/2 c Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce
1 t Cajun seasoning
1/2 t garlic granules 
4 T chicken base seasoning( this makes the stock)
Few turns cracked black pepper

Bring to boil, turn to medium and cook uncovered, stirring often, 45 minutes.

Add in the last 10 minutes.
1 c Minute Rice

Serve over cornbread!


No comments:

Post a Comment