Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Fresh Kimchi






And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. - Ephesians 5:2




Thus might be very spicy!!!!


3 T Kosher salt
1 small Savoy cabbage, chopped
1 baby bok choy, chopped
1 daikon radish, sliced
3 carrots, sliced
1/2 inch fresh piece of ginger root, chopped
2 T sugar
1 T toasted sesame seed
1 T sesame oil
3 green onions, sliced
1 onion, sliced
1 t roasted garlic

1/2 jar of Chili paste, I bought Sambal Oelek




Make a brine of water and salt, enough to cover cabbage veggie mixture.

Weight down, soak 3 hours until cabbage is soft.

Reserve the brine.

Cover the cabbage veggie mix with the chili paste, toasted sesame seeds, sugar and sesame oil.

Place in a glass container that seals and press the liquid out, takes a few times. Do not drain.

Then add the reserved brine if necessary just to cover mixture.

Press down once more.

Refrigerate.

May be eaten immediately or stored refrigerated until it ferments.

I have not tasted this yet but it smells delicious!!

1 comment:

  1. This is so hot!! I have nothing to compare this to because I have never eaten Kimchi before.I think You could use it to cook with but just eating it alone, I don't thinks so!! I think maybe adding it to fresh greens instead of hot sauce would be good!!

    ReplyDelete