Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Sunday, December 30, 2012

Chicken and Rice with White Wine and Gruyere Reduction





1 Tim.1:9-11

9 understanding this, that the law is not laid down for the just but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who strike their fathers and mothers, for murderers, 
10 the sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine, 
11 in accordance with the gospel of the glory of the blessed God with which I have been entrusted.



2 c Rotisserie chicken, shredded
1 c chicken stock
1/2 c white wine 
1/2 c heavy cream
3/4 c Gruyere chopped
1 1/2 c cooked basmati rice
2 t butter
1 c sliced button mushrooms
1 c sliced leeks
1/2 t minced garlic
1/4 c fresh flat leaf parsley
1 T lemon juice
1/4 t smoked salt 
1/2 t pepper
1/4 t herbs de Provence 

I created this today to go with my black eyed peas, turnip greens, cornbread and rutabagas. It was delicious!!

In a large skillet, melt butter, saute leeks, garlic and mushrooms. Add chicken, stock and wine, reduce by half. Add cream, Gruyere  lemon juice, salt, pepper, parsley and herbs de Provence. Slowly add cooked rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment