Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Italian Honey Balsamic Vinegar Glazed Pork Butt


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Isaiah 43:1-2


    [1] But now thus says the LORD,

    he who created you, O Jacob,

        he who formed you, O Israel:

    “Fear not, for I have redeemed you;

        I have called you by name, you are mine. 

    [2] When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;

        and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;

    when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,

        and the flame shall not consume you.



Glaze

1 bottle Balsamic vinegar ( I used dark)

2 T Honey 

Pinch of salt

Heat to light boil

Reduce to simmer stirring often until reduced to thick syrup

Set aside



3-4 lb pork butt

1 T coarse kosher Salt

1/2 T coarse black Pepper

1 t olive oil


Grease pork

Salt and pepper pork

Sauté in Dutch Oven until browned on all sides 

Remove to plate


1 T bacon fat

1/4 c bacon bits

1 large sweet onion, cut into slices


Add fat to Dutch oven

Sauté bacon bits and onions in fat

Add browned pork back in to pot, sitting on top of onion bacon mixture 

Glaze 3 sides of pork with 2/3 of the Balsamic 

Cover with foil

Add lid 

Bake preheated 350 degree oven 1-1/2 hour 

Baste remaining Balsamic syrup on pork 

Return to oven covered for 15 minutes 

until pork is 195-200 degree

Rest 5-10 minutes 

Slice thin 

Return to drippings 

No comments:

Post a Comment