Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Saturday, December 1, 2018

My Take on America's Test Kitchen Instant Pot Roast

































Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. - John 14:6



4 lb chuck roast, pull apart to make 2 bundles, tie, season with smoked salt and pepper
2 T butter
1 onion, sliced thick 
1 carrot, sliced thick 
1 celery, sliced thick 
3 Button mushrooms, sliced thick
1/4 t baking soda
Cook 5 minutes.

De-glaze with 1 c beef broth.
2 t soy sauce
2 bay leaves

Put roast, veggies and button in and sauté to brown then bring up pressure and cook for 55 minutes and release pressure.
Remove to cutting board and cover with foil to rest for 10 minutes.

Remove bay leaves.
Transfer 2 c of drippings to pot.
Add 1 T Cabernet Sauvignon , 2 T flour and bring to boil,reduce.
Serve gravy over roast slices.
I also served the gravy over sticky rice.
Such a beefy taste, yum!!


No comments:

Post a Comment