Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Thursday, July 6, 2017

Scratch Coconut Sheet Cake On Bottom Chocolate Chip Ice Cream On Top


















30 Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.
31 Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven people, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.
32 And whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come. - Matthew 12:30-32






Sheet cake recipe:

Using a 17x12x1 greased sheet pan baked in pre-heated 375 degrees oven for 18 minutes.

1 c butter
1 c water
2 c AP flour
2 c sugar
2 large eggs
1 c coconut 
1/2 c full fat sour cream
1 t vanilla 
1 t almond
1/2 t salt
1 t baking soda 

Chocolate chip ice cream, softened 


Boil water and butter, just till butter melts.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except the butter-water mixture. Let cool slightly and add to bowl ingredients. Combine until all is incorporated. Spread evenly in pan.
Cake is done when tooth pick comes out clean and cake is lightly browned.
Let cool before building ice cream cake.

Cut out a layer to fit your container. This cake will make 5 ice cream cakes. I used the to go plastic ones that Costco carries. I made these to give away. After cake layer you can add nuts, fruit etc. Now add the softened ice cream spreading with a spoon. Drizzle caramel, chocolate or other flavored ice cream syrup. 
 You can also serve this cake with spray whip topping and it's great!

No comments:

Post a Comment