Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowl









3 My heart became hot within me. As I mused, the fire burned; then I spoke with my tongue: 
4 "O LORD, make me know my end and what is the measure of my days; let me know how fleeting I am! 
5 Behold, you have made my days a few handbreadths, and my lifetime is as nothing before you. Surely all mankind stands as a mere breath! Selah 
6 Surely a man goes about as a shadow! Surely for nothing they are in turmoil; man heaps up wealth and does not know who will gather! 
7 "And now, O Lord, for what do I wait? My hope is in you.  - Psalm 39:3-7






2 c shredded rotisserie chicken breast (I'm using smoked chicken that I keep in the freezer)
1 t onion powder
1 t garlic granules
3 t chili powder
2 t cumin
1 t kosher salt 
freshly ground pepper to taste
1 leek, chopped
1/2 roasted bell pepper
2 c chicken broth
1 15 oz can mild rotel, drained
1 14 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 chopped zucchini 
1 ear of fresh corn
1 c instant rice
1/2 lime, juice and add to dish as it cooks
1 1/2 c shredded cheese(your choice) I'm using a blend of smoked Gouda and smoked cheddar
Fresh cilantro

Place the chicken, rotel, broth, zucchini, corn, peppers, leeks and seasonings in crock pot.
Cook on high for 2 hr.
Stir in instant rice, and black beans.
Add lime juice.
Let cook 30-45 minutes on high, or until rice is tender.
Top with cheese and let cook a few minutes longer until cheese is melted.
Top with fresh tomatoes, sour cream, onions, and sliced avocados.
Serve tortillas on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment