Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Oh My Goodness Smoky Chicken and Rice

Made this for lunch today, oh my goodness!!
                                                                                                                       



Ecc.9:3 This is an evil in all that is done under the sun, that the same event happens to all. Also, the hearts of the children of man are full of evil, and madness is in their hearts while they live, and after that they go to the dead.

2c Quick Rice(I used Minute Rice)
1/2 stick butter
1t olive oil

Melt butter and oil in large non stick skillet, add uncooked rice and sauté rice until it slightly browns.

Chicken;
6-8 chicken tenderloins (season one side with onion powder and smoked paprika, the other
side season with garlic salt and smoked paprika)

Remove rice.

Using the same skillet melt 1/2 stick of butter and 1 t olive oil.
Sauté chicken until done, pulling it into bite size pieces as it cooks. Right before the chicken is done, add:
1c sliced mushrooms
1c sliced leeks
2 slices pancetta 

Add the rice and:
1/2 t bacon grease
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Few shakes of smoky hot sauce
1/2 c cream
2c chicken stock
Simmer 15 minutes, uncovered, yum!!


No comments:

Post a Comment