Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Onion Gratin

                                                                                                                    





2 Sam.22:40 For you equipped me with strength for the battle; you made those who rise against me sink under me.




2 large onions (peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch slices)
1 Leek sliced
1 T olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon thyme (chopped)
1 cup of heavy cream
1/4 cup of white wine
1/4 cup of parmesan reggiano


Spread the onions and leek onto a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
Season with desired amount of salt and pepper.
Sprinkle with the thyme.
Bake in a preheated 375F oven for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile heat the heavy cream and wine in a sauce pan until it starts to bubble on the edges.
Transfer the onions and leeks to a baking dish and spoon the cream onto them.
Cover in foil and bake for another 35 minutes.
Remove the foil and sprinkle the parmesan reggiano on top.
Increase the temperature to 450F and bake until golden brown, about 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment