Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Thursday, August 20, 2026

Honey White Sourdough Bread Machine Dough Oven Baked


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Proverbs 14:34


    [34] 

    Righteousness exalts a nation,

        but sin is a reproach to any people.



1-1/4 water, I needed more so I added a teaspoon at a time 

1 t quick yeast 

140 g sourdough discard 

3-1/2 c aerated AP flour

3-4 T Honey, to taste

1 t Salt 


Add ingredients to bread machine in this above order

Turn on dough cycle

Check after 3 minutes to see if you need more water 

I did have to add more

This is a soft sticky dough 

It should still pull away from sides and form a loose ball

After cycle remove to lightly floured parchment 

Lightly flour hands

Gently pat into a rectangle shape

Almost 9 or 10 inches to fit which pan you use

Fold as if making cinnamon rolls

Tuck in ends and pinch seams

Place in a well buttered or greased loaf pan, preferably a 5x10

I only had 5x9 hence the curl on top of the sides 

Grease top with melted butter or oil, I used olive oil

Let rise in oven with light on for 1 hour, covered (tip) warm oven on 150 temp then turn off 

Bake 375 for 35-40 minutes until internal temp is 105

Remove from oven and place on rack to cool, grease top again 

Store in a linen bread bag 

To serve, toast butter and add jam 


Note:

I could not bake mine after the rise so I put it in fridge covered until I ran my errands then baked when I returned and it was fine 


No comments:

Post a Comment