Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Friday, October 27, 2023

Michoacán Region Mexico Carnitas



























 

 

 

John 10:17-18


[17] For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life that I may take it up again. [18] No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father.”


 

 

Fried in peanut oil and bacon grease! 

Traditional is lard but I don't use that so I subbed!! 

Delicious!!


3-1/2 lb fatty pork roast cut into 3 inch chunks

Salt with 2 T coarse kosher for 1 hour, in fridge.


Add peanut oil and bacon grease in Dutch Oven. 

Just so it will be up the sides of pork chunks 3/4 of the way, you will be flipping to insure even light browning.

Bring temp up to 225 degrees, gently add chunks.

Do not cover.

Fry 20 minutes one side, pick up pieces periodically so they won't stick.

After 40 minute fry time, add all your other ingredients and spice mixture to meat oil mixture.

Don't brown but slightly.


Other ingredients:

1/2 c water with 1/2 c orange juice with heavy pulp

Small can evaporated milk (5 oz)

1 chopped medium onion

1/4 c sliced Leeks 


Spice mix

2 t Mexican oregano 

1 t Toasted cumin

1/4 t Black Pepper 

1 t ground Clove

2 bay leaves

3 T roasted garlic

Reduce temp to 200 degrees.

Cook, uncovered 1 hour 10 minutes.


Cook, uncovered, an additional 10 minutes after adding these ingredients 

1 small coke

1/4 c sugar


Remove pork from oil and in a plate pull pork with 2 forks.

Porky, crispy, tender deliciousness!!

Strain oil to use in other dishes like refried beans.


Possible toppings

Arugula 

Onions

Radishes

Cheese

Lime juice

Salsa

Avocado creama

No comments:

Post a Comment