Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Old Time Chicken Vegetable Soup






























 

 

Psalm 22:1-2


Why Have You Forsaken Me?


To the choirmaster: according to The Doe of the Dawn. A Psalm of David.


    [1] My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?

        Why are you so far from saving me, from the words of my groaning? 

    [2] O my God, I cry by day, but you do not answer,

        and by night, but I find no rest.



 

28 oz Hunt's Whole Tomatoes, juice and tomatoes that you squeeze with hand

1 qt chicken bone broth

1 T kosher salt 

1 t black pepper

2 c Ford Hook Lima beans

3 medium Yukon Gold Potatoes 

Bring to a light boil.

Turn to a low simmer, for 45 minutes, lid on. 


Add after the 45 minutes.

2 c Cabbage, thin cut strips

2 ears of corn, shaved

1/2 c BBQ sauce or ketchup 

1/4 c white sugar 

3 T fresh Lemon juice

3 T White vinegar 

3 T Worcestershire sauce

1 c Rotisserie chicken, shredded 

Cook another 30 minutes, lid on.


Serve with cornbread!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment